Tuesday, March 13, 2007

When was the last time you woke up in the morning and you didn't feel a little lost? I don't mean where-am-I lost, I mean lost as in what am I doing here? Maybe everything is going very well for you and then suddenly, you wake up and you're very much there but not sure what there is. Maybe I should be happy I'm waking up every morning. For some reason, that never seems enough. I guess I've awakened every morning for the last twenty four (almost twenty five) years and I've grown accustomed to it. Does that mean I'm losing focus, that maybe I should just be happy for what I'm taking for granted? Maybe. Nothing is promised for tomorrow, and every morning I draw breath is a blessing. But is it wrong to want more? I'd like to think I was created to want more than to just be alive. But was it the more I'm looking for. I'd like to pretend like I know, but in all honesty, I don't have a clue. I guess I always kind of hope that someday I'll figure it out, since no one likes being lost. Not that it hasn't been a good ride, but well, a ride going somewhere you've never been before seems like it take forever. Maybe that's why I feel lost. I know what I'm doing, and well, its nothing I've done before, so now it feels as if I'm lost. Bah. I tire of introspection.

No comments: