Thursday, February 25, 2010

So. . .its 4:30 in the morning. I'm tired. And I don't really have anything to "say" per se. I mean I always have something to say, I just have anything to "say". You see the title of this blog contains idea of "Deep Thoughts", Granted the "Other Assorted Candies" part is there, but really, that's just my attempt at being funny. Which, since this is what, year six? seven? is actually kind of an old joke. Like Tony Bennet. BING!

Seriously though, at this point we've all seen We Are The World 25, (in honor of Haiti) and have probably thought, why is Tony Bennett involved in a song that includes, Rihanna, Pink, Akon (which by the way, is short for A Convict) T-Payne, and Little (Lil?) Wayne. Why is Tony Bennett even involved in this masterpiece? And how can that many people singing about Haiti even make a dent with Tony Bennett involved? That guy is pretty much a hazard to the idea of music.

Do I hate Tony Bennett? Of course not! That lounging son of a gun is pretty much the only reason I wake up every morning. See what I did there? (Another old joke. I'm on fire today)

On another note, I'm typing up an updated resume, and I hate to admit it, but it reads like a how to guide to failure through dropping out of college. One of my favorite job interview questions is "So, did you just start school late?" To which I say, "Uh, no, actually I went through an unfortunate drop-out phase." Which I follow up with, "during which I learned more about myself, who I am, and what I want. I worked hard, physical jobs, and while I don't oppose hard work, I have found that my mind will ultimately serve me longer than my body can." See? Prepared. Until someone asks me something other than that one question. (Interviewer: So your name is Javann? Me: Uh. . .I guess. . .is that what I wrote?)

Okay, that's enough rambling for today. Oh AND Star Trek is an awesome movie, but seeing Spock run with those bangs flopping in the wind, PRICELESS."






No, seriously, this is it.





Stop reading.







Go outside and do something with your. . .okay, you know? Keep reading.

No comments: