Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Them some mighty fine vittles!

So this morning, in between alarms, I had this dream. It was weird, but for some reason I kept thinking, this would make a really funny skit. I'll try to explain it.

There's a man, he's wearing a suit. Its a relatively nice business number, you know? And he goes to a house, and a pregnant lady answers. She invites him in, and he begins making small talk. Asking her about her coffee table, you know the nice things you do to make conversation. Anyway, she's talking about something, and he interrupts like he's not paying attention and informs her of a new branch of the neighborhood watch. Its the decency patrol. And he's the head. And they want to kick her out. Maybe I should've set this up. In my mind, its obvious this lady is a homemaker. She's pregnant. She comes to door in an apron, and with a loaf of bread in a pan that she just baked. She's so decent, that there's no way that she's indecent. But he's going on about how some people in the neighborhood are concerned. Of course, she looks suprised, but he's like, "You're indecent, and we feel our neighborhood would be better, if you and your family (points at her stomach) left." Surprise become indignance, and then she asks what she's done that was so indecent. "What do you sit home all day doing?" "Well, today, I've put these buns in the oven. . ." And he says, "Aha! I knew it. You're just popping the loaves of bread in and out of the oven eh? Mrs. Pewtersmith, I am a man of the world, I know all about your sordid bakery! And a pregnant woman at that." And she's even more shocked, and demands to know what he means. "You know what I mean, with your kneeding, and your baking, making the bread supple and hot! I don't have the stomach to even stay in this travesty of a bakery any longer! Good day madam, and may God have mercy on your soul!"

And I woke up. I don't know what the heck it all means, but apparently its what happens when I try to sleep longer for work than I should. Go figure.

No comments: