Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm the independent band to Jerm's corporate conglomerate.
Lets just be honest. Sometimes I avoid talking because I can't keep what I want to say out of my mouth. I'm not the type of person who likes to spare feelings, but I do it, regardless of whose they are. Don't get me wrong. I'm not out on a crusade against anyone, I just seem to think if I can take it, I should be able to dish it out. But wait, you say, Javann, isn't that backwards? Of course, I say, it is. Because I think it should be. It shouldn't be if you can dish it out, you can take it. Because lets face it, a lot of people can dish things out. Its the taking it that seems to be the problem. And that's why I think you have to earn the right to dish it out by first taking it with a grain of salt. What's it?

So here's where I unleash on someone right? Nope. Because I know its not worth it. And I know they probably couldn't take it. Besides, who really reads what I say here anyway? Well, other than a select few. Symbolism and subtlety aren't your forte. No, disembodied voice, I really can't be subtle can I?

Didn't you use to be interesting? On another note, what's with the sudden cold? I think the weather should always be a pleasant seventy to seventy-five degrees and that anytime you can't wear shorts outside, you should automatically be exempt from doing anything but huddling up under a blanket and watching movies with the heater on. Yeah. . .I like that idea. The movies or the blanket huddling? And some hot chocolate too.

2 comments:

Javann said...

Well, Jon, I think that has a lot to do with your deadpan delivery. Its hilarious, don't get me wrong, but most of the time, if you're on the other end, it seems mean and spiteful. Or playful and jovial. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

I've had the opposite problem...I often time spare too much feeling, and as a result can't stick up for myself, as I really ought to. However, living amongst the Dutch has taught me a great deal of bluntness, which I needed in spades. I am still trying to balance things out, though - the bluntness with the tact. Not an easy task, so I understand your words perfectly.