Tell me am I right/To think that there could be nothing better/than making you my wife/and slowly growing old together
Every year, I do the same thing. Though its a little late, I'm going to keep the tradition going. Because if I don't, apparently no one will. Hey, Jon, if you read this, dude, let you should this too.
Javann's Completely Awesome Year (Not Quite Completely Awesome, But okay)
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Uh. . .not much. I must be getting old. Oh wait, I subscribed to Netflix. And it is awesome. Let me tell you. I've seen more movies in the last two weeks than I have in a while.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have no resolve, much less during new years to do anything
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Um. . .Candace Johnson. She had a Garreau. I think that's how you spell it.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately no, I'd say no one I could remember, but I can't remember them dying, I couldn't have been that close to them.
5. What countries did you visit?
Um, America. I don't think I even went out of. . .oh wait, I went to Tennessee. That was definitely out of state.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Maybe controlled my night life enough to get to work on time. Definitely that.
7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Yeah, none that I care to disclose to the general public. The year's definitely been eventful.
8. What were your biggest achievements of the year?
Uh, new job, and a new resolve
9. What was your biggest failure?
Name it. I've done it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A crazy sickness which took me from work for four days, and let me tell you, it was pretty bad.
11. What were the best things you bought?
Shoes, hats, clothes, shirts, body guards, you know. . .the normal.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Harold Penn. That man is god's gift to anyone. He is without a doubt the most amazing man I've met. And I'm an extremely heterosexual man.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one appalled or depressed me. . .except for myself of course. Yay.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes, food, petrol, and tickets
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
You know, lets go to the next question.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Girls - Biz Markie
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? Much happier
(b) thinner or fatter? Much more muscular
(c) richer or poorer? In theory richer, but in practice still broke
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling, and field service
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Uh. . .yeah, work. I wish I'd done less of that.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Somewhere dark quiet, and thankfully non-festive
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Oh heck no.
23. How many one-night stands?
I've got this nice plastic rubber maid storage drawer set that I keep next to my bed, had a five inch television on it, so I guess you can call it a night stand. And it is a singular.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
My Name is Earl.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
My list of abhorrance is only comparable to my list of mistakes
26. What was the best book you read?
The Art of War. Go read that. You'll dominate your enemies.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Bravery, The Killers, the Dick Dale, because he is the king of surf guitar.
28. What did you want and get?
A new job.
29. What did you want and not get?
I'm sticking with last years answer:
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
King Kong, and uh. . .hmmm. . .A Series of Unfortunate Events
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I uh, did nothing. Yeah, that's about right. And 23
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Learning more. About anything.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Jeans. Man. And shirts. That pretty much did it for me. I'm a guy, what do you expect.
34. What kept you sane?
Who said I was sane?
35. Which celebrity figure did you fancy the most?
Jessica Alba. Wow.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Spiritual blindness not being an issue.
37. Who did you miss?
I honestly can say, I miss the old Javann. The old Javann was hardcore. He was tough, and he didn't take anything from anybody. He did whatever was necessary to handle business, and personal hygiene was done when necessary. This new Javann, who uses body wash and Axe, who cleans and organizes, and feels bad when he doesn't, I don't like him. The old Javann didn't care about your feelings, but this new Javann, well he does for some reason. He knows he used to not care, but now he's too busy caring to not care. I guess that's a good thing, but the old Javann was a lot easier to be.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Harold Penn. Man. To quote him, "he is straight trill!"
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003?
The only thing more humiliating than defeat is accepting it as your fate.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
They don't mean a thing to you
They move right through you
Just like your breath
I still think of you
And I just wanted to
Just wanted you to know
My old friend...
I swear I never meant for this
Don't ask for explanation. Well you can ask, I won't guarantee the answers. Anyway, thanks for the time, and spit the intelligence at me.