Monday, February 27, 2006

in the land of one million drums, there is always something going on, on uh uh uh on on

So, I've lost my voice for like the fifteenth time in two years, and I apparently have a serious allergic reaction to dogs. Which sucks, because if you know me, you know I love dogs. I was planning on getting one eventually, but now to play with him I'll have to don an hypoallergenic mask and surgeon's gloves. He shall grow into a full grown cur without ever truly knowing his master's touch.

I feel like scratching records today actually. Ever hear that song Rainy Night in Georgia? Where the singers like, hovering by suitcase/hoping to find a warm place/to spend the night? I swear, that is the most depressing song I've ever heard. Every time I even think about that song, I get this lonely depressed feeling deep in my chest, and I can feel the tears getting ready to come down. Its almost like it catches the essence of every human being's awkward loneliness. You know that feeling where you don't really belong, and you're not sure if you need to move on, or if you need to try to stay to belong. That's the feeling I think every human feels. Its almost as if, to us, everyone is placed and at home and life is exactly as it should be, and to you, inside, you wonder what you really should be doing. I don't know how those who really have it all together feel, because well I don't and therefore can't relate, but for those people, you have to wonder if they feel that same sorta floating helplessness. Maybe not even helplessness, but this feeling of not really being attached to anything, or anyone. You know what I mean?

And we got to pet the goats, and feed the chickens, and we got to drink milk straight from the cow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain...

so in an effort to cheer you up...
:) :) :) :p :) :) :) :) :p :) :) :);) :) ;) :) :0) :p :) ;p ;o) ;p :)

oh, and babies also help. they are a bundle of joy and so warm and cuddly. not only that, but people always gravitate toward those who have a baby in their arms so you will never be alone again ;o)

Javann said...

Hey thanks Kat!