Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sometimes you just have to hate things that you really shouldn't hate. It happens, man. For example, at this point in time I consider girls to be cold, emotionless, flakey, horrible things and I just kinda dislike them in general. I mean, I know I shouldn't feel that way. But I quite do. So don't feel so bad, Javster. It could be worse.

Wise words. Okay, so here's where I draw the line. Normally, I don't voice my opinion openly at all, especially on this site. But I have to say something.


What the heck? Someone please tell me what the heck is wrong with us? What do you mean us? Us. Relationships. How is it possible to make everything so difficult? Everytime I see a married couple, I honestly wonder, what happened? It almost feels like relationships are meant to fail. Obviously there are more failures than successes. And the thing that gets to me is that everyone keeps going back. Why? Why would you go back purposely into something that you know, I mean you know, will most likely end in pain?

And don't tell me optimism, or some such thing. Optimism is refusing to believe reality. There, I said it.

Just go to Google. Type in failed relationship. You get 18,100,000 sites. Eighteen million sites. Do you have any idea what that means? There's sites on how to get your ex back, how to make the current one work, and how to get into a relationship.

Here's the kicker. I started taking interpersonal communications classes. You know, you can completely manipulate someone if you know how to. Intriguingly enough, there's actually a mental disease. Antisocial. Antisocial people aren't ahem, antisocial. At least not like you might think. According to 4degreez.com:
"A common misconception is that antisocial personality disorder refers to people who have poor social skills. The opposite is often the case. Instead, antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of conscience. People with this disorder are prone to criminal behavior, believing that their victims are weak and deserving of being taken advantage of. Antisocials tend to lie and steal. Often, they are careless with money and take action without thinking about consequences. They are often agressive and are much more concerned with their own needs than the needs of others."

You see, an antisocial person is quite adept at social encounters. People like them. Take Ted Bundy. He was so likeable, that the judge was remiss to sentence him. He couldn't understand how someone who seemed so well adjusted was able to commit such attrocites. As a side note, in case you didn't know, Ted Bundy was a serial killer. A serial killer who enticed young women from college campuses.

Not that serial killers are running amok, charming and killing anyone they want. Not by any means. However, there's no pain greater than emotional pain. Could it be worse than physical death? That's debateable.

Somewhere around here, I had a point. I don't know what it is anymore. But I've said what I'm going to say. And this is why I enjoy taking communications. I actually am intrigued by it. So much so that I spend time reading articles on it. But you know, whatever.

I was going to cook you a casserole for your loss, but uh, I didn't.

No comments: