Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Its another day without/another day within/a day when I can begin

So here we are. Wednesday, or whatever day this is. Okay, not a lot of time. I had a good thought or two, but I've lost them since this weekend.

But here's what's been happening: I got and cooked a ham.

Okay. That little section is over. Here's something I wrote.

My cornbread skillets,
made of iron, covered in grease,
formed by and touched by heat.
I make my cornbread on Thursdays,
and I make it last through the week.
My cornbread skillets,
if I told you I was in love with them,
you'd think I was bit crazy.
But I love what they are,
and they love me back unconditional
not cold hearted or judgemental,
they give my bread shape and form,
and I give them the oven that makes them warm.
I butter my cornbread skillets,
and it cooks it into my bread,
and when it comes down to it,
me and my cornbread skillets,
makes sure I keep my cool, make sure I keep my head.
Cornbread, ain't nothing wrong with that,
its what makes me tick tock and keeps me intact.
Passed down from my mother,
and her mother, and maybe her mother's mother,
or maybe we got them at a shelf in Walmart,
the real deal is that we've never been apart.
I got cornbread skillets,
and for those with it,
I'll bake you some bread.

We Live in Brooklyn Baby - Roy Ayers

My mood?

Hugs for everyone!!

No comments: