Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I can't sleep right now so I figured I'd post something. I know it's been a while and I apologize accordingly, but it was out of my hands. Like two weeks ago I came down with the flu, then it relapsed into a cold and then the cold very nearly relapsed back into the freakin flu so I was pretty good and out of it for over a week. Since then I've been doing things like recovering, going to a nice concert last weekend and staying out late, chillin with some homies, playing some music here and there, catching up on school and trying not to get sick anymore. I also pre-ordered Halo 2 today. So really, things are back to normal and to celebrate thusly I thought I'd have trouble sleeping and post on here.

So like, would you agree that music is universally accepted as something aesthetically pleasing? It sort of dawned on me the other day that music - compared to other art forms - is much more accepted everywhere, by everyone. And I suppose this was obvious, but I had never thought of it this way before: I can think of quite a few people who don't like to read or write any kind of literature and don't like to paint any kind of pictures or even take the time to look at any kind, and I can think of plenty of people who don't enjoy taking any type or style of photograph and don't really care about looking at photographs yet I can think of no one at all who doesn't like some type of music. That's one thing I've come to appreciate about music, especially when it comes to making it. I mean, on many occasions (I find it funny how many times this has happened, actually) I've made a song, right. And I just think this song is amazing and the best thing I've ever done. And then here I have this song I consider mediocre, sort of a filler track. And man, everyone just loves the mediocre and say my amazing one is sorta so-so. And then you'll have another demographic who prefer another song, and then one load moron who likes a song that just totally sucks. You can apply this to any kind of music of course, but I just noticed it when it was happening to my own music. That's a more sensitive area I guess.

So yeah I'm excited about Halo 2 and I know I'm not the only one, so as jejune as it may sound to be this excited about a video game, I'm only one in a freakin ubiquitous and homogeneous crew that will soon be beating each other in the faces with energy swords. And rockets. This time next week. This time next week. This time next week. This time next week.

No comments: