Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I'd like to admit that there's nothing wrong with being cynical. I really would like to admit that. Of course, then I'd be lying to myself and to you. Being cynical is not only a complete drag, but also a painful reminder of the little known fact that despite however hard you try, there'll never be enough. Enough what? Enough anything. The whole glass half full, glass half empty perspective that's so tragically and pathetically used to describe personalities still misses the point. . .there's only half, and that's all there ever will be. So really, the situation here isn't the glass being half full, since half is all you get, the glass really is just full. Of course, like all of my particular brand of introspection, I end up confused. And here I am. On another note, I saw Johnny English the other night. It was an intriguing affair. You see, the movie had its good points, but it was never more than average. It was always just an average amount of laughter. Its funny sometimes, but there's never a moment when you break out into peals of uncontrollable laughter, and therein lies the problem. The movie takes a really good concept, and instead of making the character a total idiot, or a bumbling fool who stumbles upon luck-filled answers, but instead as a man who is intelligent, but clumsy and full of himself. That makes for a bad movie. A very bad movie. I'll go into more detail later, I'm running pressed for time.
My mood?

I miss that site. . .

No comments: