Friday, June 18, 2004

"I sleep and think all day and work nights." That line from a song I heard didn't really make sense until I realized that was describing my life. That's right, I sleep AND think all day and then I got to work at night. Of course today is Friday. I've never been happier to see the end of a week. Why? Because I work weekends. No more sleeping and thinking about anything. I don't care to think anymore, I think I've done enough of that for one lifetime much less for one week. Of course, thinking is a wonderful thing, but its not so good for forgetting. Forgetting what? Exactly. Anyway, lets move on.

After a pancake dinner at IHOP last night, I realized that five pancakes aren't the key to happiness. In all actuality, its the key to not being able to sit still long enough to fall asleep at night. Never make that mistaken assumption. To occupy my time, I went to this site and took this test. Of course, if you hit the archives, you can see where I did this one time before. So why do it again? Because I'm curious to see if my various disorders had changed. So how'd I do? Well, I'm not as strongly histrionic, which is a good thing, since most histrionic men have gender ambiguity, and well, I'm definitely male. But I'm a strong paranoid now, and I'm still narcissitic. So what does it all mean? It means this test is bunk. The voices in my head tell me so. Here's the actual scores.

DisorderRating
Paranoid:Very High
Schizoid:Low
Schizotypal:High
Antisocial:High
Borderline:Moderate
Histrionic:Moderate
Narcissistic:Very High
Avoidant:High
Dependent:High
Obsessive-Compulsive:Moderate

-- Personality Disorder Test - Take It! --



So, today is Friday. And Friday brings the joy of the weekend. And we all live for the weekend right? Well at least I live for the weekend. Actually, I enjoy the week too. . .but anyway, here's something a bit older from a group of mine that is indeed a favorite. They hit the scene in the early 70's with a smoldering funk, a latent funk if you will. You see this funk isn't blatant like P Funk and the Parliament Funkadelics. Its the kind of slow smooth funk. They were the first group I heard that actually utilized trumpets, trombones, pianos, bass guitars, and jazz guitars for more than just a rhythm section. All of their songs are FULL songs, arrangements with more purpose than background. You can listen to each of their songs without lead vocals and they'll be just as good. So who am I talking about? The O'Jays of course. This trintet(?) or whatever they want to be called are definitely worth taking time to listen to. You can start with this song here. Living for the Weekend - The O'Jays

My mood?

Destroying the "week"ness in myself. . .(heh heh heh heh)

No comments: