Sunday, January 02, 2005

Its another day, another day, another day of suprises/and every day, every day, every day another sun arises

So its another year. Well zippity doo da. Forgive me for not being terribly happy, but this last year, this 2004 really didn't exactly measure up. This last year was all kinds of terrible, and you know what makes it worse? My sitting here whining about it. So I'll leave that to the whiners and complainers, and proceed with my second annual, YEAR IN REVIEW!!

Javann's Completely Awesome Year (Not Quite Completely Awesome, But okay)

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Uh. . .saw Muse. Man that was pretty awesome. If you get the chance, you grab that chance and run with it

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I have no resolve, much less during new years to do anything

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Uh. . .a sister in our congregation gave birth.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately no, I'd say no one I could remember, but I can't remember them dying, I couldn't have been that close to them.

5. What countries did you visit?
I visited!. . .uh. . .none

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A better job. A consistent job that pays money and doesn't require me to be completely healthy to work

7. What date(s) from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Like I said, this year was pretty lame overall, there are no real dates "etched" into my mind from this year

8. What were your biggest achievements of the year?
A new job as crossing guard (yeah, I know, pathetic)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Heh heh heh, take your pick

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
a touch of sinus infection, and a few cuts and bruises

11. What were the best things you bought?
A radiator for my car, and some Camoflauge Chuck Taylors. . .man I like those shoes

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmmm. . .Skyler was extremely cool this year, as was Reggie. ReG was really cool this year, going with me a lot of places and putting up with a lot of things that I wouldn't even take from myself

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one appalled or depressed me. . .except for myself of course. Yay.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Car repair, Petrol, loan repayment

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being in the drama, and the Muse concert. Other than that. . .

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Loser - Beck

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? Weird, I'm not really either, I'm kinda numb.
(b) thinner or fatter? definitely fatter
(c) richer or poorer? In theory richer, but in practice still broke

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling and cool stuff. More cool stuff should've been done

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working. I really wish I'd not worked as much. Then maybe I could've done more cool stuff

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Somewhere dark quiet, and thankfully non-festive

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Hah! Thank God no!

23. How many one-night stands?
I've got this nice plastic rubber maid storage drawer set that I keep next to my bed, had a five inch television on it, so I guess you can call it a night stand. And it is a singular.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
This year it was all about Adult Swim. The Venture Bros. and Aquateen HungerForce
"And that's where babies come from."

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
My list of abhorrance is only comparable to my list of mistakes

26. What was the best book you read?
The best book I got my hands on this year was definitely Native Son. I've read it once, but reading it again was quite good

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This year? Loveage, Cap'n Jazz, Cooper Temple Clause, McLusky, Detachment Kit, Franz Ferdinand, and maybe D.A. That's right. D.A. That man is a musical genius.

28. What did you want and get?
Friends, car parts

29. What did you want and not get?
I'm sticking with last years answer:
Completion

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Its a tie between I, Robot, and the Incredibles. Both good movies for different reasons.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I uh, did nothing. Yeah, that's about right.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Learning more. About anything.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Man, I got really preppy this year. Button down shirts, jeans and stylish boots. Quite outside my norm, I assure you.

34. What kept you sane?
Who said I was sane?

35. Which celebrity figure did you fancy the most?
None really. Quite a few non-celebrity figures fancied.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Spiritual blindness not being an issue.

37. Who did you miss?
I honestly can say, I miss the old Javann. The old Javann was hardcore. He was tough, and he didn't take anything from anybody. He did whatever was necessary to handle business, and personal hygiene was done when necessary. This new Javann, who uses body wash and Axe, who cleans and organizes, and feels bad when he doesn't, I don't like him. The old Javann didn't care about your feelings, but this new Javann, well he does for some reason. He knows he used to not care, but now he's too busy caring to not care. I guess that's a good thing, but the old Javann was a lot easier to be.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I guess this goes to a tie to the Knoxville/Nashville family and hmm. . .can't remember anyone else. . .(heh heh heh)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003?
The only thing more humiliating than defeat is accepting it as your fate.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You're a head case with a smile
Can't stop to make up your mind
Education is so lame (so lame)
When you whine and you moan
You're a good girl, I'm a guy (hey)
You're a truth freak with a lie
The situation is so strange
It's a tv show

In a hotel on the phone
You're gonna leave me, I should've known (should've known)
And I was thinkin, it's so sad
I didn't want you to go
You wanna follow the laws of man (yes, sir)
Bloody apron, leg of lamb
It's so hard to win
When there's so much to lose

Infiltrate the walls that are caving in
It ain't a bad thing
This ain't reality
Infiltrate the walls that are caving in
It ain't a bad thing
Because it is natural

Second Avenue, raising Cain
I'm a sinner, ring my bell (hey)
I'll tell you what, I'd get up
If I knew I fell

Don't ask for explanation. Well you can ask, I won't guarantee the answers. Anyway, thanks for the time, and spit the intelligence at me.

No comments: