Wednesday, July 07, 2004

So here I am. 22 years old. This day, 22 years ago, after three days of trying, I finally entered this world through somewhat unconventional means. A blank slate waiting to be told what to do, what to think, and what to believe, only to truly have life become one large lesson which has not yet made sense to me. Fortunately, the year between 21 and 22 was one of learning as well, because if I didn't learn, I'd probably be dead. What have I learned? Don't judge a book by its cover? Nah, that's pretty obvious. I've learned that my penchant to be blatantly honest, to always speak exactly what you think is dangerous, if not downright bad. I'm not saying lying is what I'm all about now, but I am saying is silence is golden. A golden golden thing. Sometimes being quiet is better than whatever you could think of to say, but then again, being quiet can often times be a downfall. What else did I learn? Well, not much more, but I did learn to trust my gut feelings. Sometimes, when you think something, and you see something, but then you try to deny that something, well that something is often right, and you've just set yourself up for a lot of denial and anger. I've also learned that being yourself is always the best way to make good friends. Changing between friends, trying to be everything to everyone just to be liked only results in you forgetting who you are. However generic that sounds, that's what I learned. There are a lot of things that I learned, but then again, here I am, and next year this time, I'll be typing out even more that I've learned. That's the interesting thing about life, to me at least, the more you live the more that you have to learn. There is no getting out of learning something, however much you may not want to. Ah well, enough of this boring spiel.

Here's the song of the day, week, moment, whatever. This is the song that made me start listening to rock. No lie. I used to listen to nothing but hip-hop, rap, and all that, and honestly, I got to a point in my life, when I realized that this was unhealthy. What else could there possibly be though? I mean what else could I listen to? I was watching MTV one day, when this really cool video came on. I kinda liked the video, but wasn't too fond of the song. The video was really funny though, so I watched it over and over again, and pretty soon I was singing the song along with the rest of the video, and now, well, now the rest is history. I love rock, in many, if not all, of its forms. Thanks Foo Fighters. That's right, the Foo Fighters. Here's the song:
Everlong - Foo Fighters

My mood?

Thinking. . .wishing. . .hoping. . .but never realizing. . .

No comments: