Friday, January 02, 2004

Somebody else did it, so will I. This is my yearly recap, thanks Bev for uh, ahem lending this form to me. I'll return it slightly used next year. . .or as soon as possible. :D Anyway, without further ado I present to you:

Javann's Year of Immense Proportion!!
(Slightly overrated)
(Makes you not want to read this doesn't it?)


1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
I got a job. It was great fun. Really. Okay it sucked.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Sorry, I don't resolve anything much less during new years.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two sisters in our cong had children during the 2003 year

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately no, I'd say no one I could remember, but I can't remember them dying, I couldn't have been that close to them.

5. What countries did you visit?
I visited none. (Sigh)

6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
More time. Conversely more wisdom to use the time I did have more efficiently.

7. What date(s) from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 7th - Turned 21!
July 10th (or so) - Aaron came to visit
July or August something- Went to Tennessee capped off the best summer of my life, blah blah blah
December 31 - Realized that the year over, wondered where it went

8. What were your biggest achievements of the year?
Changing my major

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not accepting the the reality of life.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Whiplash from football, other than that, just my normal cuts scars and allergies

11. What were the best things you bought?
Car repair items, and my favorite brush

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Any friends that I still have that put up with me and all that entailed with that.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Everyone apalled me at times, myself included. Depressed me? My own behavior mostly.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, gas, cell phone bill, car repairs, and oh yeah, food.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Trip to Tennessee (was that this year?)
Aaron's visit
District Convention (seems so long ago)

16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
Its Come To This - Fuel

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? Happier actually, last year this time sucked.
(b) thinner or fatter? Ah, prosperity. On the plus side I'm evening out, but my job is so physical I can't help but gain weight.
(c) richer or poorer? Still broke.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling, and wish I'd done more thinking period

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working, acting without rational thought

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Somewhere dark quiet, and thankfully non-festive

22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Nopers. No love to report. Sorry. Don't hold your breath for next year, I'm pretty sure this won't change.

23. How many one-night stands?
I've got this nice plastic rubber maid storage drawer set that I keep next to my bed, had a five inch television on it, so I guess you can call it a night stand. And it is a singular.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Started watching 10 - 8, just seemed like a cool show to watch, seeing how everything on TV is crap.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
My list of abhorrance is only comparable to my list of mistakes.

26. What was the best book you read?
A Brief Illustrated History of Time - Stephen Hawkings. I finally finished that book. That thing gave me headache and a years worth of thoughts. Excellent book for those who have the nerve to finish it.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
James Brown, Etta James, Juice Mouse Zero, myself (how conceited), A Tribe Called Quest, (I knew they were talented, but not how much) Ronnie Size, Rahzel, Postal Service (I think that was this year) Joy Electric (yeah that was this year) Sunny Day Real Estate, the Flaming Lips, the Eels, (how did I sleep on these bands?) Guru, John Coltrane (jazz is how i feel), the Stone Roses, (I gotta find more by them) Muse, COLDPLAY (too bad Martin's gone and diluted their music in the name of love, BAH!!), Portishead (I just actually listened to them back in January, blind or def, you decide) and so much more that I really don't have time to keep going, but let me not forget Roy Ayers, Con Funk Shun, The Funkadelics, Liam Lynch, Fine China, AND!! Scripted Failures. Rock.
28. What did you want and get?
Fixed car, oxygen, and more friends

29. What did you want and not get?
Completion.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I just saw Undercover Brother (not sure if that was this year or not, but I just saw it this year!) and man that's funny. That'll be my favorite that I saw.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21 on July 7th, I basically did what I did on every other day of my life. Sorry no drunken binges or such. That came weeks later. . . I mean, er um, next question!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Learning more. About anything.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Less trashy than before, but still neatly unkempt in a baggy hip-hop kind of way. This year so the inclusion of cologne on more than just special occasions.

34. What kept you sane?
Who said I was sane?

35. Which celebrity figure did you fancy the most?
Uh, honestly, none of them. I'm not a huge fancier of celebrity figures, I'm more enraptured by a personality than I am the expensive good looks.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The incredibly infallibleness of world issues to conform to Bible prophecy.

37. Who did you miss?
Uh. . .um. . .I don't think I missed anyone.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Several new people I met were cool, the Schedel's from Canada, they were rock, I kinda got to know Matthew, he's definitely rock, Amber and Kate(cher) from Haleyville, sorry my meeting you had to be on the terms of exacting revenge for something you didn't do to me, but hey! Um. . .yes, hey. And met E-Dub again for the first time.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003?
Being alone doesn't make you lonely.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Halcyon Days - The Tea Party. Sums up a year quite well if you ask me.

alone, left here in dust
amidst my fears and doubts
life's shattered dreams I could have
gone without
now chthonic life has set its sights on
making me a slave to its ways
i wait for return
until then my soul it burns
and it burns only for you...

i'll be with you soon...

night it falls on me endlessly
and i search for you in this blindness
i'm a prodigy of lust and loss
'till sleep comes down

i can't explain, this disdain remains
this treason i can't reason
they left me here for dread my dear
barely breathiung, but i'm still breathing

now i see a light
it's shining from above
i think they've finally come
the halcyon days

I'm crawling now up
towards the sound
vengeance moves so swiftly
i've conquered fear
i've shed my tears
now i'm seething, barely breathing

now i see a light
shining from above
i think they'vbe finally come
the halcyon days

Don't ask for explanation. Well you can ask, I won't guarantee the answers. Anyway, thanks for the time, and spit the intelligence at me.

No comments: