Friday, January 16, 2004

You know, sunlight has been scientifically proven to awaken the body's senses biologically. So does hot water. There's nothing better than hot water, preferably soapy hot water, to make a person wake up. What does this have to do with anything? Really nothing, but well, that's what I'm thinking about right now. The sun is shining, the birds aren't singing, but my deficient hearing is causing me to hear ringing in my ears, and somewhere, the thoughts of spring are entering my mind. Today was an interesting day, I had the cheapest breakfast I could afford, and I ran into both of my bosses today, wondering the halls of the university center. One of them was doing what he does, which was checking on the condition of the cafeteria, and the other was, well she was just walking back to work from lunch or breakfast I guess. Truth of the matter is, it was nine in the morning and I didn't have the presence of mind to speculate as to what she was doing. I don't think I'm comfortable with my job and my academics being so closely related. I'd prefer to keep all aspects of my life completely separate, like food on a plate. I don't like mixing my peas with my potatoes, or stirring my greens in with my fried chicken. I used to despise having my fried chicken soggy from the juice of my turnip greens, and in many cases, I'd like my work and my academics to remain just as separate. I don't know why I would rather have my life so perforated but that seems to be what I prefer. Speaking of work, I really should take a nap since I have to be at work in an hour or so. I'll leave this here. Coincidentally its Jon Friday on Jerm's site, feel free to click both of those words since they are separate links. Did anyone read Oroonoko? If not don't worry, there'll not be a quiz, just wondering what everyone's thoughts were. Feel free to expel saliva wisely at me..

No comments: