Thursday, November 20, 2003

I just realized I didn't get Wednesday's post up quick enough for it to be posted as what it was, which was Wednesday. Oh well. So what's going on, ladies gents? Nothing much going for me, I'm just sitting around thinking about how much I normally enjoy getting paid on Thursdays, and how much I'm not enjoying the idea at the moment. I guess I should quit tying up UAH's resources and start doing some school work on this computer, but well, have I ever done exactly what I should do? Today, my mind seems stuck on the many differences in the human frame. Even though we all have the same parts and components, it never ceases to amaze me how different we really are. You could find a 6'7 man who was my height, weight, race, and even born on the same day as me, but he wouldn't look like me at all. Even twins can be completely different, though they share much of the same genetic code. I really find it incredible that each human can be distiguished by its features, so much so, that those features become related to that human in our own minds. There is nothing cooler to me than that. Of course, that has a lot to do with the fact that the genetic code, the deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA (as I like to call it) makes it possible to have literally trillions of different varieties. We have the ability to produce 2^23 different combinations and each of us has a different genetic sequence we've inherited from our parents. Nowhere do you read of two guys who look just alike, but have no relatives beyond the common parents we all share. That is what many people would view as amazing, something that leaves me incredulous myself. Either way it goes, its nice to know there's not someone out there that looks like me. Or has my fingerprints. Which I altered last night when I cut my finger on the table, during work. Its a pretty deep gash, but its still not managed to slow down my typing. =) Anyway, I gotta go do that thing, that I'm going to do, you know. . . that thing. . .that I'm doing. . .thing. . .right.

No comments: