Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Well, I guess I should explain the last few posts, that was me trying out my new guest host idea, and well, Jeremy helps us to understand why that idea needs a little finetuning. Today was truly a beautiful day. I've decided that I'm going to view life for what it really is, a gift, and not as something to be endured. I really did enjoy the fact that I was able to wake up today. I'm in semi good health truth be told, and though I could be in better shape, I'm really doing quite well. I don't have any serious problems, and believe it or not, I've got some truly wonderful friends, including the best friend that any man could possibly have and that's our Creator. Oftentimes I tend to lose sight of that, and of the fact that every day of life is really a gift and a privilege, one that I should use to fullest to do the things I know are right and true. I've really got no reason to ever feel down, though when I do I understand its really just the imperfections of my human mind and body that are also a gift, and one that will improve with time. So to keep a long story short, I've not felt this content in years. I was thinking about all this today at work, and that's when it hit me that life isn't what causes me to feel down. I'm the cause of that, and there's plenty I can do about either of those things. SO!!! Onto the next topic of the day. A good friend told me that other people who've seen my poetry are worried that I'm manic depressive or in deep psychosis. Well, truth be told I did test out to be about 75% mentally unstable in Psychology 101, but I'm really pretty sane. And yeah, I do talk to myself, and some of my poetry can be a little dark, and yeah, I write about people dying or about robbing stores, and I use the word crap a lot, but the main fact can't be ignored: I'm not a person with issues, I'm just a guy with a lot of expressive creativity, that oftentimes shouldn't really be expressed. But if you're not thoroughly convinced, and you're one of the people who are worried that I don't have issues, I have volumes, ask me to let you read my happy poetry at some point. OR go to poetry.com and search for me (Javann Jones) and read a few poems. Some are dark, but there's some light ones sprinkled in there, as well as some silly ones. I guess that's what you get when you take a slice of me. Some dark, some light, and a nice swirl of them both. So to recap, I'm not suffering from manic depression (i'm not on medidcation), and I'm a generally nice guy. Ask a few friends. Okay, I'm really not that nice of a guy =), but I'm likeable. Yeah, that's the ticket.

No comments: