Tuesday, December 09, 2003

"I can't believe that you'd just turn your back on ten years of struggling, just because you feel as if you don't know me anymore. How could you know me? All you ever do is sit in that same spot on the couch and watch the television, over and over again."
"I might do more than that if you'd. . ."
"If I'd what? Take you out more? Everytime we go out, all you talk about is how horrible you look compared to another woman! I don't want to hear about your insecurities. . ."
"MY insecurities? You might as well call them YOUR insecurities! I'd never question myself if I didn't see the way that you look at other women. . ."
"And HOW do I look at them?"
"You look at them like a dog looks at a steak! I can see the hunger in your eyes. I can tell you'd rather be with them. It doesn't take a rocket scientist. . ."
"What do you mean, I'd rather be with them? I'm not with them, I'm with you, what more do you want from me?"
"Why don't you act like it then?"
"When I get paid, who gets my check?"
"Don't try to throw money at me, like I'm just some cheap lady of the night that you can buy off! I don't need your. . ."
"You don't need my money?!?! Then WHY am I paying all the bills? WHY don't you have a job? You were in debt when I met you. . ."
"No, I wasn't! I was paying all of that off. . ."
"Then you were in debt!! And now, YOU don't need ME? If anything, I don't YOU! Maybe I should leave, then you'd appreciate. . ."
"Appreciate WHAT?! You? You don't do anything but make me hate myself! I used to dress up nice and do things, go out and have drinks with friends. I never felt insecure before I met YOU!"
"I've never seen you dressed up nice. Not since I first met you."
"That's because you're not worth dressing up for."
"When I first met you, you were so beautiful. Ten years later I still remember it like yesterday."
"Oh stop."
"I'm being honest. I've never felt anything like what I felt that night. Do you remember that night?"
"Of course, I remember. You were so handsome. . ."
"But I couldn't hold a candle to you. You made me want to be a better man. I swore that night that I would do whatever it took for you to love me."
"I do love you. . ."
"Then why are we fighting? You know I love you, and that you're the only one for me."
"I don't know, I just. . ."
"Do you still love me?"
"I. . ."
"Do you?"
"I still love you, but. . ."
"Then let's not fight anymore."
"But. . ."
"But?"
"But I've found someone else. . ."
"Someone else? Who?"
"Does it really matter? He loves me, I love him, we're going to run away together. . ."
"But. . ."
"But?"
"But. . .I LOVE you. Doesn't that mean anything?"
"It did ten years ago."

No comments: