Friday, August 20, 2004

Now I dialed 911 a long time ago/Don't you see how late they're reactin'/They only come and they come when they wanna/So get the morgue embalm the goner/They don't care 'cause they stay paid anyway/They teach ya like an ace they can't be betrayed/A no use number with no use people/If your life is on the line they you're dead today

Well, the good news is, I'm officially a safety patrol aide. I think that's my official term, the bad news is there's a good chance I'll be working during Big Spring Jam. Yay. Wait, that'd be awesome, yay indeed. I just finished getting fitted for my uniform, and well, there's a downside to being 6'6 (6'5" and 3/4" for Tremaine). None of the clothes were long enough, and the ones that were long enough were still way too big because I don't pack a gut. (not a big anyway) I get a badge, a whistle, a gun and. . .well not really a gun, but wouldn't that be overkill? I could see me rolling out the way of some speeding car, drawing my weapon and opening fire on its tires, then apprehending the suspect and blowing my whistle in their ear until a real cop got there with hand cuffs. I also got my official Huntsville employee badge, complete with a misspelling of my name. I started to say something about it, but then again, its not a total misspelling. Its spelled JaVann. Which isn't too bad, a bit gaudy, maybe pretentious, since that capitalized V is just way too much. Not sure if that's a "misspelling" or if that would just be some lady who thought my name needed more style. Either way, that's what my badge says, and so that's what I'll answer too. Sigh. Conformed at such a young age.

911 Is a Joke - Public Enemy

My mood?

You there! FREEZE!!

No comments: