Monday, October 06, 2003

Hey hey, hershey kisses!! Hershey hugs for my non-chocolate varieties, how are ya'll? I'm doing aight, I guess, gotta stomach full of food, a mind full of thoughts, a night full of opportunities. Last I checked, it don't get no better than that. I'm feeling like not using the proper grammar tonight, and that's cause that's just how I'm feeling at the moment. I'd like an excuse, but well, if you're feeling it, you're feeling it. I had Korean for lunch today, and it was great. I've not had such cuisine since I was over in Korea on weapons inspections. Okay, I was never over in Korea, but I did notice something about the way the "Asian" culture eats. I notice that they use chopsticks, which compared to the fork is, to me, an indication of their culture as compared to ours. We use a fork to eat with, spearing and mangling our food. The Chinese simply handle their food. Made me think about the aggressive nature of America, when compared to other cultures. Of course, money makes the world go round, so they do what needs to be done to make it. But the culture overall isn't intrusive. Like here, its okay to look someone in the eye, its a sign of respect. In most Eastern cultures, that's not the case. There you don't look someone in the eye, its disrespectful. In America, speaking out is the norm, but in many Eastern cultures, you really show respect by not speaking out. Maybe I have a distorted view, honestly, my thoughts aren't coming together like normal, but that's just what I'm thinking. I'm going to go digest a bit more, and wait till my bloods back around my brain. Maybe it'll makes sense then. Till then mint duds.

No comments: